Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What A Wonderful Weekend




this past weekend i went to visit my cousins in Oakland.

it was spectacular.



i left for the airport,
unfortunatly my flight was delayed by about an hour.
but it didn't really bother me.

when i landed we went home and i slept in my own room,
in a brand new bed. with my own bathroom.
when i woke up,
we went to one of my favourite places ever,
Berkeley.
we walked around telegraph avenue and i went to the wonderful vintage
second hand store, called MARS. i bought a skirt,
which i'm going to hem, and perhaps add a singlet to make a cute dress.
then my cousins realised my shoes are completely broken.
they bought me two new pairs!

at the CAL football game. we sat in the sun, absourbed in the spirit.
so much spirit!
ate hotdogs and cheered as our team won!
that night i relaxed, home alone, while eating icecream, watching sex and the city,
reading magazines and petting the 16 year old cat, waldo.

the next day we went to the Oakland Raiders Football game.
just wow.
even though our team looses constantly
(except for the surprising winning games),
the fans have so much enthusiasum and spirit.
even more spirit.

i got the full raiders experience.
which included:
-fabulous seats (thanks to dad)
-a souvineer cup
-fake nachos
-peanuts
-drunk fans next to me
-spilt beer on my shoulder
-yelling and cheering
-the drunk fans next to me then throwing up
-going home in disapointment of yet another loss

after i went home,
and started yet another boring week.

oh well it was good while it lasted.
and it will happen soon again during thanksgiving!

No comments: