Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can I Help You?

I feel like i'm a fixer.
or a listener of some form.
at least to some people.
like today for instance,
i tried to make my mom feel better after a circumstance i can relate to,
that she experienced. hopefully i helped.
then i tryed to help out a friend with a problem she is facing.
i don't think i helped but i would like to think i am a good listener.
i feel i can listen to their problems, let them get everything out and hopefully it'll all work out.
and i don't think this does anything to help,
but i truely don't know what to do.
i worry that i will give bad advice and everything will just fuck up.

but i also find it ironic that people come to me so i can listen,
yet in class or anywhere else no one listens to me, or thinks that i can listen,
they only think i talk about nothing and nonsense.
which seems unfair that i'm judged before i have a chance to speak, or listen.

i hope you figure out your situation.

No comments: